Dust generation can be a significant issue in both civil and mining applications; to nearby infrastructure, environmentally sensitive areas and personnel working in or around the area.
Following a number of years of early development trials, successive iteration and significant investment, GCM have developed and produced a completely in-house, tailored, machine-mounted dust collection system that virtually eliminates all dust produced during operation. The compact system is fitted within the machine’s existing footprint, and runs from onboard power, collecting and filtering dust directly at the cutting head.
Paired with the inherently low-impact nature of Surface Mining, GCM’s Surface Miners that are fitted with this system can operate without impact near existing infrastructure and residential areas, in space-restricted and weather-constrained situations, and near sensitive areas without risk of disturbance.
No water, no extra machines, no dust.
With years of experience operating Surface Miners in all conditions and materials, GCM have developed and integrated a number of upgrades and improvements to our equipment.
Just a few examples include:
- Tropical cooler pack modifications allowing our equipment to work longer in hotter environments,
- Frame/chassis modifications that expand the working life and envelope of our equipment,
- In-house operator cabin development and replacement with integral ROPS & FOPS, reducing mobilisation and setup timeframes, increasing operator comfort and lowering transport
- GET design and development, improving production and machine utilisation,
- Advanced monitoring and tracking systems for machine health and location data
- Component design and manufacturing – increasing service life, reducing costs and streamlining serviceability